UPDATE: Congratulations to our winners!
After School Activities Partnerships (ASAP) will use the prize money to connect 10,000 families in Philadelphia to their citywide directory of after school programs. The directory features more than 900 site listings as well as information on thousands of safe and enriching activities to promote the physical, mental, and emotional health of youth throughout the city.
Girl Scouts North Carolina Coastal Pines will use the prize money to bring healthy eating and active living programming directly to girls in remote, under-resourced areas of the Triangle Region through their Mobile Program Vehicle Project.
Each year, GSK supports outstanding local nonprofit organizations for their work building healthier communities in and around our campuses in Durham, NC and Philadelphia, PA. We do this through the GSK IMPACT Awards, which come with $40,000 for each winning organization to continue their meaningful work.
These organizations truly know how to build a healthier community, so we thought: heck, wouldn't it be fascinating to not just recognize the winners for what they have already achieved, but also explore what still can be done going forward? So today we launch the “$10,000 Challenge” and invited the winners to propose what they would do with an additional $10,000.
Appropriately, the $10,000 Challenge begins and ends today - #GivingTuesday. Today is also the second of two GSK IMPACT Award ceremonies (today, we are honoring the winners of the GSK IMPACT Awards for the Greater Philadelphia Region and last week, we honored the winners of the GSK IMPACT Awards for the Triangle Region).
Participating GSK IMPACT Award Winners will tweet throughout the day encouraging a robust discussion around their $10,000 Challenge idea. Follow along on Twitter using #GSKimpact to see what each of these winning organizations proposes and join the conversation!
Here are the participating organizations:
- After School Activities Partnerships (@PhillyASAP)
- The Center for Grieving Children (@CGCPhiladelphia)
- Community Design Collaborative of Philadelphia (@cdesignc_tweets)
- Gearing Up - A Nonprofit Corporation (@gearingupPhila)
- Graduate! Philadelphia (@GraduatePhilly)
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (@PHS_gardening)
- Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc. (@PYNinc)
- University City District (@ucdphl)
- YouthBuild Philly (@YouthBuildPHL)
The Triangle Region, NC:
- Community Home Trust (@HomeTrustNC)
- Durham’s Partnership for Children (@DPFC_NC)
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina (@FoodBankCENC)
- Girl Scouts North Carolina Coastal Pines (@GirlScoutsNCCP)
- Motheread, Inc. (@MothereadInc)
- Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina (@PCANC)
- StepUp Ministry (@StepUpMinistry)
- Voices Together (@voices_together)